Sunday 24 February 2013

The Awkward Introductory Post

Well hello there. If you have stumbled across this blog I can only assume you're interested in writing or reading, or reading someone's writing about reading and writing, or any or all of the above (and if that didn't confuse you, you're more alert than I am...)

My name is Alice. I don't often go by nicknames, though my sister calls me Liss on occasion, and if you ask various people they do have nicknames for me. Still, I've always mostly just gone by my plain, normal name. I live with my boyfriend Charlie, both of us having graduated from uni in the summer. Having been searching for a job since, I recently started working full-time in an office, and figured while I'm there I may as well try to maintain a blog at the same time (because that's obviously totally easy and doable - hooray for optimism).

I'm a huge advocate and lover of reading and writing, such that my Bachelors was in Creative Writing, and wanted to have a place where I could devote some time (as much as possible) to writing about writing, writing about reading, and maybe sometimes writing about writing-about-writing-or-reading. How very meta!

I also invite comments as much as people should want to comment - I enjoy discussion and debate about a lot of topics, especially concerning books and writing.

With all that being said, I welcome you to my blog, and hope you find it enjoyable to read.

2 comments: